The year is dedicated to thriving, fulling dreams, reaching and achieving ALL my goals, cutting debt, happiness, wealth . . . 2017 goals on BOOM.
As another year comes to an end and the New Year approaches . . . In three days to be exact; I can’t but think . . . “Where on earth did this year go” (as if I don’t say this every year). Seriously, this year swiftly came and is almost over. For me; this means starting fresh, setting new goals, and hopefully sticking to my “list”. Yea, that’s a task in itself. However; after this past year (2016), I think I’m pretty confident that I’ll stick to my “list”, this time around.
2016 It started off pretty good; however, hasn’t ended on the best note. Nothing worth complaining about, just a little rough, some disappointments, mistakes, etc.
At any rate, moving right along. I increased my income greatly this past year; however, I have nothing to show for it. Woomp woomp . . . I know, terrible right. Sh😩t happens, but listen; it’s ok, lesson learned. So, back to what I was saying above (line 14 – Did you really go look? haha), about being confident that 2017 will be epic and that I’ll surely stick to my “list”. I can say this with grave confidence because for me, 2016 has been a historic year, YES historic . . . I failed at money management, goal setting, debt decreasing, credit cards overdrawn, multiple overdraft fees, late payments, credit score declining, etc. etc.; again, lesson learned. Yep, I said it; woo what a relief. I admitted that I screwed over my relationship with money this past year. Yep, me; Ms. “Seemingly” Perfect Pattie aka Tomika.
So, what does this mean for 2017? Well, for starters:
1) I’ve already written down my goals; I will decrease my debt, I will increase my credit score, I will increase my savings by $5000, I will start the home buying process; therefore I’ll be ready to purchase the beginning of 2018 . . . Just to name a few.
2) I decided to join the Live Richer Challenge (Credit Edition) by The Budgetnista
3) I’m raising my credit score without another credit card. Yea me!! Self Lender I learned about this awesome credit builder tool through The Budgetnista. Credit Building is one of my main goals for 2017 (there’s a home on the horizon for the family and I). If you decide to get a credit builder account, please use my code Tomika Credit Builder Code Thanks in advance! I’m so looking forward to building my credit in this manner.
4) I’m not spending unnecessary money.
5) I won’t be eating out excessively.
6) I won’t be impulse shopping.
7) I’ll be saying NO a lot more. And it’s totally ok. And I won’t feel bad about it.
8) Less complaining, more accomplishing
9) Getting rid of the words fear, afraid, what-if, maybe and replacing them with success, I am going to, I will, etc.
10) Last but definitely not least and, an always important factor . . . Love more and give more of myself, time, energy, to things and individuals that matter.
So, this is my list; for now. I’m sure as the year progresses, I’ll add more things to my “list”.
What are some of your goals? Do you have a list? What are you doing to achieve these goals?
Any-who, until next time, have an awesome end to your 2016 year. Blessings upon blessings. Have a happy and prosperous New Year.
Sincerely, Mika 💋